Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bomb Threats and Terrorist Plots

Yes, I do fly home from Heathrow, but not until Sept 24th. That's weeks away....

Don't worry... they caught the bad guys, but here's some things i need to think about:

  • Does this mean i can't bring shampoo on the plane?
  • and more importantly, where will i put the bottles of wine from each country? Mom says just mail it home. Hmmm... I hope it works out! How can I come home without a bottle of French, Italian, and Spanish wine? Craziness!

I did read the article on AOL(http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/us-raises-threat-warning-to-highest/20060810032709990001) and although there is some concern (as there always is and has been for the last 5 years), most people are just complaining about the long waits and delayed flights.

Honestly, I would gladly wait an extra 2 hours if it meant my chances of getting home were greater! Wouldnt you? People can complain and complain some more, but obviously our government and the UK are doing their job keeping us safe from harm. Don't you agree? Citizens of America and the UK should be throwing roses at these people for PREVENTING this 'plot' from becoming a reality; we all know how nightmares are made in a matter of seconds. Sept 11th is a grim, yet constant reminder of that fact.

So I hope we can keep this all in perspective (no matter your political views or personal beliefs)!

Aggrevation vs death? hmmmm... what a tough decision.

Silly Humans!

1 comment:

TM said...

You go girl! Don't let anyone dissuade you from achieving your dream. Of course, if I were your mom, I'd be freaking out, but really, when your number's up, it's up. Enjoy life!